Building the Backson

note to readers: I am busy building a puppet I will be back-soon, yes that's right I am still working on the puppet show of one of my favorite child hood books Winnie the Pooh and last night I stayed up late to build a puppet of the rather obscure Winnie the Pooh enemy THE BACKSON! The Backson was a character from an original story by AA Milne you can click here to see the story but you never do see the character in the book but he was revealed in the 2011 movie so anyways I built a puppet of a Backson I hope you like it here it is...


He is a real kick butt puppet. He is not too too big he's about the same height as a travel mug but he is an awesome puppet.

 he was pretty easy to make. The nose is just a pink pom pom with a yellow pipe cleaner ring in it, his hair is red feathers, and his horns are pipe cleaners covered with a couple layers of white felt,...

His tongue is made of red felt, and his mouth is just a piece of cardboard covered with an old black rag, his teeth are just the ends of a plastic spoon, the stripes on his arm are red felt, his fingers are tiny purple pom poms, his toes are just cardboard points covered with the same black rag for his mouth and the rest of him (head, torso, arms legs) are made of fleece socks and I almost forgot you can't see it in any of the pictures but he has a pipe cleaner covered with purple felt for a tail.

Oh and I can't forget the best part, you can kind of see that under his large shaggy mop of feather red hair I attached 2 beady little googly eyes.

well that's my Backson puppet so ta ta for now.

Comments