Bible Time


Bible Time is a series of both live and recorded puppet shows that tell stories of the bible with CPT puppets. I have been working on this since summer of 2016 one of the first years of CPT pupprets). This is one of my favorite projects to do because of the fun characters, the joy of building these characters and working with children.

The Characters:

Muffy the Church Mouse

This is Muffy. She is the church mouse and one of the main characters. She is always asking questions about the things going on in our world and almost every question she has is linked with a bible story. I perform this character and I always love playing the young and curious childlike characters (I perform a certain red bird on Safari Mall). I really enjoy playing this character (even if I'm not too good with female characters).

Bibly the Talking Bible

Bibly is another important character since he tells all the stories. He uses his stories to teach Muffy about things she wants to know about. I don't perform this character (I was a understudy for a while) but he was fun to design and build and I always enjoy just watching this character and playing off him.

Mr and Mrs Brule

I really like these 2. These are the two church candles and their children (not pictured) are the Sunday school candles. I perform these 2 on some occasions. they were very fun to both design and build. They were made from orange pool noodles and tons of fabric scraps found around the storage room. I need to rebuild their children before I can show them to you. their name comes from the french word "brule" which is french for burn as candles do.

Rocky the Mountain

This is probably my favorite out of them all. Rocky is a talking mountain and the church that the show takes place in is located on top of him. He is performed b the great Thomas Gillan. He was the very first full bodied costume puppet (before Big Red). He was made from one entire fleece blanket.





The Stories:

I don't have info on EVERY story we did but I have info and pictures for a few.

These are just the ones we did live, the videos are saved somewhere and will be on my YouTube channel soon (there is a recording of the Jonah and the Whale show that I will upload soon).

Jonah and the Whale
Noah's Ark


As a bonus, here is a fake news report I did for the show last year

Comments