R is for Retirement: A tribute to the great Caroll Spinney

My custom made Big Bird puppet
As most of you heard, Caroll Spinney has decided to retire. (For those of you who don't know him) Caroll has been the performer for Big Bird and Oscar since day 1 of Sesame Street. Caroll is one of my main heros (next to Mr Henson) and has inspired me to become a puppeteer.

My Oscar replica

My Bruno the Trashman costume Halloween 2017

I know that my Bruno looks weird but I made him when I first started building replicas. 

When I was little there were always times where I could relate to both of his characters. Big Bird taught me the alphabet and that it's okay to make mistakes and ask questions. Oscar taught me that there is a dark side of everybody and that's okay. I learned a lot from those two. Mr Spinney, thanks "fur" everything. 
Me when I was a little kid and Big Bird 
Me when I was a little kid and Oscar

Comments