Building Daisy Snuffleupagus part 1

I have a new character that I am building for Safari Mall (you can click here to see Safari Mall's new website), Her name is Daisy and she is a furry pink Snuffleupagus/elephant puppet. not to be confused with the other Snuffleupagus. her species is a Snuffleupagus and she is Snuffy's cousin from hawaii (the natural habitat for snuffleupagus's). I took some photos of my progress building her that I thought I could show you.

I will use a fuzzy pink coral fleece blanket for fur, and stress balls for eyes.

I have hand sewed her head and for the mouth palate I glued some blue polar fleece on cardboard. I usually don't sew the body so I hot glued it and stuffed it with teddy bear batting. the head and body are finished so I think i'll start making the features. I cut the stress balls for eyes.

Now the head is finished and I put a piece of fur on the eyes for eyelids. the head was to short so I made a small neck. The snuffle/trunk might need to be extended (or she will look like an ant eater).

I have hand sewn this live handed arm, it has a sleeve at the elbow (similar to Fozzie Bear). I think that the other arm will probably be a dummy arm that will be fastened onto the belly.

I added two black velcro dots for pupils and all I need to do is ad another arm and extend the snuffle.

Now I extended the snuffle/trunk so she looks more like a snuffleupagus.

Now I added some eyelashes that I cut out from dark blue fleece and a red felt tongue.

Now she is almost finished and is looking pretty good. I gave her a left dummy arm and some light green feather hair with a orange felt bow. I even gave her a big plush tail. in the next post I will give her legs and some accessories (probably a Hawaiian flower necklace and maybe a grass skirt).





Comments